Oblivion looks like a great movie with Tom Cruise. This activity uses the movie,pictures, vocab cards and a worksheet to help students to practice the present progressive tense in a fun, interactive way that is more like a game than just an exercise.
How to use the worksheet:
Download the Worksheet Here (Please note, it will look funny on the downloader, but in Word it's fine).
- Cut and Distribute Pictures to students
- Play the trailer and have students sequence the scene in order (They may need two times). You may want to run this part as a game. First team in order wins.
- Distribute vocab cards and have students place vocab with the correct pictures. You can run this as a competition as well. First team with correct
- Play trailer again and have students recite correct vocab out loud by stopping the trailer for each picture scene.
- Students complete worksheet with fill in the blanks.
- Teacher reviews answers.
If you liked this, try:
After Earth ESL Listening Activity
Iron Man 3 ESL Listening Activity
Man of Steel ESL Classroom Activity
Avengers ESL Classroom Activity
Jack and the Giant Killer ESL activity
Snow White and the Huntsman ESL activity
Amazing Spider Man ESL activity