This a sweet story that shows the meaning of true love. It is narrated with a poem that should make it easier for English learners, and I highly recommend it.
The Man at the Counter from Brian McAllister on Vimeo.
Pre-Discussion: For CLASSROOM WORKSHEET click HERE.
- What do you think true love is?
- How do people in your family show love to each other?
- What would you do to show someone you love him or her?
- Why did the boy ask about the sugar?
- Do you agree with the boy asking the question about the sugar? Why or why not?
- What emotion did the boy feel after asking the question of the old man?
- How did the story show true love?
- What was the man who was speaking doing at the end of the video?
- Do you think this action was romantic?